- first things first, we need to win out. That part is obvious. But, not as daunting a task as we once thought, considering that Florida looks very average.
- we need Kentucky to knock off South Carolina this weekend in Lexington. It should be very interesting to see how USCe handles prosperity.
- we need Florida to beat South Carolina.
- That would leave us in a 3-way tie for 1st in the East with SC and Florida. The 1st tiebreaker is head to head competition, which would be thrown out since we beat FL, FL beat SC, and SC beat us. The 2nd tiebreaker is record of the tied teams within the division. UGA and FL would both be 4-1, while SC would be 3-2 (thus eliminating SC from the GA Dome). Next up would be head to head between FL and UGA.
- the other scenario would involve SC winning vs. Kentucky but finding a way to lose 3 other SEC games (after Lexington this weekend, they still have to play @ VAN, vs. UT, vs. ARK, and @ FL). Yes - that's an enormous collapse, but this is still South Carolina we are talking about.
I'm not saying we have a great shot, but stranger things have happened. And I will definitely be tuning into the SC-Kentucky game this Saturday night.