It's hard to not get a little excited about Aaron Murray as our next QB with all the praise being thrown his way. According to ESPN's Joe Schad, Colt McCoy says that Murray is "one of the most impressive players he's ever seen". Then, this video pops up on Rivals counting down the top 10 QB camp performances since 2006 (check out Murray's 1st pass to WR Matthew Stafford). Murray was 2nd in the video's rankings, finishing behind Stafford and ahead of:
- Tim Tebow (anytime the media ranks you ahead of Tebow, you know you've impressed)
- Matt Barkley (last year's media darling at USC)
- Ryan Mallet (IMO, the SEC's best QB heading into 2010, hands down)
- John Brantley (the guy that is supposedly going to make UF fans forget about Tebow)
- Josh Freeman (1st round NFL draft pick for TB)
- Jake Locker (would have been one of the top picks in this year's draft if he had left Washington early)
That's a solid list to be #2 on. And it's pretty damn cool that UGA has the top 2 spots. If half of the hype on Murray is true, Logan might as well start learning the playbook from the perspective of a WR or a CB.
And don't forget to check out the "Debate of the Day" between Champ Bailey and David Pollack that we did last week.